Okay, here goes. I got tagged by Mindy, which means I need to list five things that people don't know about me. Most of you reading this know me pretty well, but I'll try to dig into my stash of secrets to keep in interesting. Stop me if you've heard this...
1. I got beat up on the school bus when I was in elementary school. This girl Lynnette hated my guts. I think I said something about her mom going to jail for forging checks. Anyway, she hated me and threated to beat me up for weeks. On the bus that day she sat in my seat pretending she wanted to be friends. Then she started pulling my hair and trying to smother my face in the seat. At one point she was sitting on my head and was trying to suffocate me, so I pinched her butt to make her get off. She howled (I pinched pretty hard) and the bus driver intervened shortly afterwards. I lied and told the principle she punched me in the face, but I don't think she ever did. I was an angel and she was a punk from the wrong side of the tracks, however, and so she got in trouble for the fight. After that I used to wear a special shirt every Friday to school. It made me feel tough and I thought of it as my fighting shirt. I didn't get in anymore fights, but I would be mean to people on Fridays because if I got yelled at by the bus driver he would forget by Monday and I wouldn't get in any real trouble. I loved that shirt.
2. I'm terrified of fire (especially things exploding) and electricity. My house burned down when I was young and I've been electrocuted twice, so that might have something to do with it. Sometimes I get really scared and won't even plug things in. I'm not sure if I've made Ted plug anything in for me yet (I've been pretty tough so far), but he has seen me freak out about fire.
3. I can't bite my nails because it hurts my teeth too much. I hate long nails though, so regularly cut them super short. I recently saw a picture of me in middle school with long fingernails, however, so I'm not sure when this started.
4. I hate nickels. They are ugly. I used to throw them out, but my mom noticed our jars of spare change that we are saving to cash in on a rainy day and noted that I must not hate nickels anymore. I do still hate them and use them first whenever possible to get rid of them. I do, however, realize the value of money these days.
5. After I got engaged I almost went off the road a couple of times because I was admiring my ring while driving.
I'm supposed to tag five people now, but don't have any other friends with blogs who haven't done this. So I invite you all to write your five secrets in the comments!