4.15.2007

Weekend Visitors.

We had a riot this weekend with Ted's sister, brother-in-law, and two nieces Amanda and Brooke. They were on their way back home from Myrtle Beach and stopped by to see the house and stay the night on Friday. We spent the night catching up, playing video games, and watching movies. Brooke and Jim took a quick liking to Ted's favorite game "Guitar Hero," and Brooke was an old pro before we knew it. Amanda and I got crazy with Super Mario Brothers 3, and the whole crew cracked up over Will Ferrell in "Talladega Nights."
I love spending time with the girls because they are so easy to have fun with. I pulled out our "old school" video game consoles and was showing the girls the Sega Genesis and the first Nintendo. They looked at me like I was ancient and said "We've never even heard of those before." I think that's the first time in my entire life that I felt OLD. It was nice to know that I could still keep up with Amanda in Super Mario Brothers though.
It was fun to have family in town again and great to hear the house filled with giggles and laughter. I hope they can visit again soon.


Brooke concentrates on being a rock star.


Amanda plays some SMB3 on the NES


Giggling at Will Ferrell in "Elf"


Brooke and Amanda

No comments: