7.19.2007

Learning Sucks.

So, as most of you know, Ted is getting his master's in English. He started with a class in January. He also moved and started a new job and has been helping to save and plan for a wedding. He got an A first semester. Then his first summer session started. They only last a few weeks and are a whirlwind of information, reading, and projects. He pretty much had to come home from work and do more work. He was sad. I was bored. He got another A. We were happy. His second summer session started TWO DAYS after his first session ended. TWO DAYS. This is crazy. The first night of class he had piles of paper printed out and was going through a three page "check list" of items to complete for his first week of homework. I thought it was a bit much. I asked if his teacher was on crack and we had a good laugh. The following weeks brought more of the same, but he has managed.

Tonight, however, he didn't get home from work until about 6:30--an hour later than usual. When I asked him what he had to stay late for, he produced this:




This, ladies and gentlemen, is his reading assignments for the last week of class. That's just the reading. He still has projects and checklists and blog entries and chatroom discussions to complete.

I stand firm by my proclamation that his professor is on crack. I'm not sure I could finish all of that reading in an entire semester, let alone in one week of class! And go to work. And finish the layout of a magazine. And go to a conference in Nashville.

When we were in college, I used to do my best friend Becky's homework for her Friday morning class so that we could go out on Thursday nights. I've offered my services to Ted, but so far he hasn't bitten.

Poor Ted. Learning sucks. At least we know he'll get an A. My boy's wicked smaht.

1 comment:

Beekeebear said...

I've been outed as a cheater.

It was a stupid class anyway. I did my big project on the history of sex in movies. Awesome.

Good luck, Teddy!